Milton CAT Warehouse Worker in Richmond, Vermont
Location: Richmond, VT
Employment Type: Full Time Union
Work Hours: 1st Shift
Requisition Number: 18-0137
Under general supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position is responsible for performing a variety of warehouse-related duties such as receiving and storage of goods and preparing orders for shipment. Pick items from shelves and placing them in totes, and ensuring that orders are filled accurately and efficiently, continually striving for improved customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate will possess mechanical aptitude and have the ambition and drive to advance their career within the Parts Department in the future.
• Pick, pack, wrap and load product for delivery to customers.
• Insure accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
• Safe operation of all material handling equipment, including pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
• Receive merchandise and stock shelves.
• Assists with inventory procedures as requested.
• Participates in physical inventory counts, as assigned, to verify the accuracy of parts on hand.
• Complies with all appropriate policies, procedures, safety rules, and regulations.
• Utilize computerized WMS (warehouse management system) and RF scanners.
• Must be flexible to work overtime as needed.
• Making of hydraulic hoses to include cutting, fitting, crimping, and operation of hose assembly tooling.
• High school diploma or (GED) equivalent.
• Proficient in the use of a computer and related software.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem solving skills and be detailed oriented with a high level of accuracy.
• Basic math skills.
• Able to lift 75 pounds; 45 pounds on an unassisted basis, repetitively.
• Able to work at heights up to 25 feet.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Energy and stamina to work extended daily hours as needed.
• Able to work in a dynamic, fast paced distribution center environment.
• Ability to perform duties with a sense of urgency, exceeding customer expectations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills.
Preferred Skills and Competencies
• The ideal candidate has experience with WMS (Warehouse Management System) software.
• Forklift Certification preferred.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Apply Online - https://re22.ultipro.com/SOU1021/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*56BC4F418C1E9517
Resumes that are mailed, emailed or hand-delivered to Milton CAT or any employee will not be considered. You must apply online. Background checks, drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Milton CAT is an equal opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. We encourage applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, handicap, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. We base all employment decisions to further this principle of equal employment opportunity. VEVRAA Federal Contractor. EEO/AA employer. Milton CAT is a Drug-Free workplace.